All orders shipped to an address outside of Texas are exempt from sales tax and therefore does NOT require a tax exempt registration. Only Texas residents or businesses eligible for tax exemptions are required to follow these procedures.
All orders shipped to an address in Texas (or picked up at our location) are subject to Texas sales tax. If you have a valid Texas sales & use tax permit or otherwise qualify for sales tax exemption, we have a process whereby you may request that sales tax be exempted from your orders.
This is a one-time requirement that will not need to be repeated for future orders unless the business information has changed.
- Download the tax exempt form that applies to you or your business/organization. The forms include the ‘Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate’ and the ‘Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification’. You only need to complete the one form that applies to you. Do NOT complete both forms.
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate (pdf)
- Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification (pdf)
- Complete and sign the appropriate form. If you are unsure which form you should use, the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website has a very helpful frequently asked questions page about exempting Texas sales tax.
- Clearly write your port-a-field.com username along the top of the form so that we are able to associate the form with your login information. If you do not have a username, you must register on our website to create one.
- Either return the form by mailing to the address listed on the form -OR- by emailing a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We generally review requests for tax-exempt status the same business day. Upon approval, we will retain the completed form in our offices and apply a tax-exempt status to your online account. We will notify you by email once the tax-exempt status is added to your registration account. Once your account has tax-exempt status, all future orders using that login will be treated as tax-exempt until you request otherwise in writing. If you change the name (or company name) on your account, you are required to download and complete a new form with the updated information and return it to us so we may update our records.
If you do not currently have a sales tax permit but are interested in receiving one, check out the frequently asked questions page on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts website about obtaining a sales tax permit.